Monday, October 15, 2007

New York Delis Have Nothing on Guys!

So the long wait is at last over. Today was the day. The day when a 6 month sandwich craving was fulfilled. Guys Po-Boys is back! They had a fire in the kitchen back in April, and have since been closed for remodeling. Today was the grand re-opening. Couldn't wait for that delicious roast beef po-boy with swiss cheese dressed (minus the tomatoes - yuck!). We called from work to see what the new hours were - still close at 4:00. Phil said, "Ok, but I can't make it until 4:15." The response - well, we can wait for you. I love New Orleans. So Phil walks in at 4:00 (he actually got there a few minutes earlier than the ETA). The lovely lady at the counter says, "I am so sorry, but if you didn't order a sandwich ahead of time, we are completely out of bread." Not a problem, we know better than to not order ahead of time - but they must have been really busy. Anyway, so we ordered the roast beast and a cheese po-boy, and Guy says, "You know what's really weird - I had an order a couple of hours ago for the exact same thing, and the guy's name was Phil. We even double checked and everything to make sure it wasn't you." Phew - our sandwiches were almost given away to Phil #4(?) by mistake. Catasrophe averted. So, I get home from work, and the feast is awaiting me on the table. It was exactly as I remembered, except for the way my sandwich was cut (Phil swears he didn't cut it like this). I guess they really did run out of bread.

1 comment:

RustChic said...

OMG you have just made Heather so happy she screamed out loud. Guys was her regular lunch spot. This is on our list for must do this week. Love your blof teena and your cupcakes. OMG when will will you start selling them online, peace and beignets,Kerry